Oldmain - New Year felicitations to you all

Thursday, October 26, 2006

How not to get sick



Since I am sick, I felt compelled to write something about steps we can take to... not get sick. Yes, I know it is nearly Summer, but hey, sickly people like me get sick all the time, regardless of the season!

Since I'm clearly not exactly a picture of good health I looked up on trusty xtra for some tips on how to stay healthy. It came up with these seven:

  1. Get moving
  2. Quit smoking
  3. Lose weight
  4. Eat right
  5. Drink moderately
  6. Bust stress
  7. Avoid danger

Well, I have this to say:

SCREW YOU XTRA!

I exercise probably a lot more than the average person (swim, run, cycle, gym etc etc), don't smoke, am not overweight, don't drink at all (well, not alcohol), bust a hang of a lot of stress when I'm exercising and generally avoid danger such as mountain lions and poisonous snakes.

So why am I sick?!

I'll admit that I havn't exercised in a couple of days, but that's BECAUSE I'm sick!

The only thing I can see that could possibly be causing me to be a weakling is my diet. I only have about 3 weeks left here in my flat. After that it's back home to mum and dad over the summer. So I've sort of gone into a "there's no point in going shopping properly" mode.

My diet has been mainly ice cream, gummi lollies, chocolate, juice, popcorn and sorbet.

More recently I have done the lazy option of making Wok Creations stirfries that take about 10 minutes to make and involve very little effort and a lot of vegetables. Clearly this hasn't been enough though, as I find myself here with a running nose, a blocked head, chest and sore eyes.

I can only encourage others to not do as I have done and neglect my diet as I focus too much on the other aspects of staying healthy.

BLOWING ONE'S NOSE EVERY 5 SECONDS IS NOT A COOL LOOK!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home