Oldmain - New Year felicitations to you all

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

How excited am I...!?!?!?!

Being the History geek I am (I left my crooked teeth, rancid smell, and taped up glasses in my other pants) and I was majoring in Classics before realising there weren't enough internal classic papers, you can only imagine how freaking cream-your-jeans excited I was to find out about this little gem:

Ooooooooooooooh Baby!! Frank Miller (who created Sin City - we all remember how awesome that movie was) wrote a 'graphic novel' called '300' about the infamous battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC when the Spartan King (not Spartacus) Leonidas and 300 Spartans defended the narrow passage of Thermopylae against approximately 1,000,000 Persians. All 300 Spartans were killed, including King Leonidas, but the casualties to the Persians were approximatly 200,000 - 500,000. Stuff legends are made of.

So mix this story, with Frank Miller - and you can gauge how stoked I am about this movie!!!

It's on like Donkey Kong


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv_nrafAa34 - Preview

1 Comments:

  • Me tooooooo. Although I think I'm at the stage where even if it was crap - I would have to love it anyway. Just to keep sane....

    By Blogger Roslyn, at 9:11 pm, October 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home