Oldmain - New Year felicitations to you all

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Golden Oldies

Lately I have found myself really enjoying old music, old albums, old artists. Plus the ol CD store has been bombarded with 'Now 22' and 'Chart Hits' (which is a shitty NZ version of 'Now') and more christmas albums than you could believe - including Julie Andrew's Christmas, and Dolly Parton with Kenny Rogers Christmas album.

I shit you not.

So I have been seeking comfort in a good pair of headphone and older music. I am going to invest in the Joshua Tree, more than likely it will be the only U2 item that I will ever buy, but after going to the concert I realised what a fecking good album it is. I've been listenting to Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' (and through the good headphones I noticed that on the song 'wish you were here' someone is coughing and breathing heavily before they start playing), and today I put on Neil Young's greatest hits and sold one and had three others ask about it (one woman realised she already owned it after inquiring) which is also an amazing album. The store has been playing the Beatles, and Tom Petty... I love it!! I've also noticed that I've been pulling out the ol Doors and Cat Steven's albums I own (all best of's, I can't afford indivdual albums right now). Sometimes you just can't beat the classics!!

Which are your favourite golden oldies?? hmmmmmmmmmm??

John, I'm sure you own all these albums that I've already talked about. Got any suggestions of stuff I might like??

1 Comments:

  • 'Now' is NZ, but it's owned by the "man" and each country pretty much has their own Now something or rather.

    But Chart Busters...

    It now comes with awesome free kitch bags!! I love mine, and take it with me everywhere - and I am free to take more as we are yet to sell a Chart Busters CD

    Genesis is coming back with a vengance, new album out soon I think (?!). Heaps 'o people have put some form of Phil on their Christmas wish list!!

    By Blogger Roslyn, at 10:06 am, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home