Oldmain - New Year felicitations to you all

Monday, September 25, 2006

Wow, been a while since I've used this!

And it sure shows.

After about four goes at getting my password and username corresponding correctly I spent at least 15 minutes actually working out how to get to the "posting" section.

I'm 20 and I'm about as technologically incapable as my dear mother. And I hate to say it but she can touch type, which is something I'm yet to master.

Even my 14 year old cousin seems to have more knowledge of the internet and speedy typing than I do. Honestly, I'd never hearn of "Bebo" before she told me to use it. Actually she just asked me if I had Bebo and I felt so out-of-the-loop that I promptly went and googled it, discovered that it seemed to be another version of "My Space" that everyone my cousin knew seemed to have. I subsequently made myself a Bebo account. Well, I started to make one but then got bored with all the questions it was asking me, such as "I am scared of:.........." and other really weird things....

My cousin then proceeded to send me the link to her Bebo account. It was all professional looking and personalised and every question that the bloody profile page had asked, had been answered, all in wOrDs LiKe ThIs. After about 10 seconds of trying to read it my eyes hurt too much to continue, so I abandoned my attempts and went back to the Gerolsteiner website to read the team cycling news.

I might also point out that when I do speak to her online I can hardly understand what she's saying. I mean, it's all good to abbreviate, sure, but I honestly never know what she's on about!

Maybe I'm not up with it, but it took me a few minutes to work out what "wuu2" meant.

Yikes, I need some help!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home